This week’s podcast comes from a person we called back a long time ago for a contribution; and we lost it due to some faulty hard-drive recovery. Luckily, Jack Dixon is up to the task once again, delivering something truly extraordinairy and enigmatic of the vibes he’s currently capturing in his productions.
Shifting through labels and sounds since 2010, Dixon has flown the flag for some stellar imprints — Silverback, TAKE, and ManMakeMusic to name a few — with him recently rounding out 2012 for the likes of revived R&S off-shoot Apollo and this week, on Hotflush. His newest release, E/Find Shelter, is a two-sided take on the subtleties that lie between house and techno, while melodically rooted in his lush vision of UK Garage. In other words, its the right amount of Dixon swing with kicks and snare for the early morning.
With that said, we’re honored that Jack Dixon is giving us an URB mix that’s not only evocative of his delicate approach to music, but also a peek inside to who he is personally. Also, anyone who starts a mix off with someone as amazing as Fourcolour is hero; our hero. Check out the mix and tracklist, post-jump.
URB Presents: Jack Dixon
1) Fourcolor – Rowboat [P*Dis]
2) Nikolaienko – Soup Up [Nexsound]
3) Gramm – 70gr [Source Records]
4) Mokira – Axis Audio [Kontra]
5) Minamo – Draw The Line [Room40]
6) Dwig – Feige Dattel [Giegling]
7) Robag Wruhme – Bommsen Buff [Pampa]
8) Mike Dehnert & Rydell – French Lesson [Fachwerk]
9) Tomas Rubeck – Youth [Landed]
10) Jack Dixon - Hexagon [Leftroom]
11) Gesloten Cirkel – Yamagic [Moustache]
12) Baaz – Carbon Hair [Slices of Life]
13) Furesshu – All I Want [Project Squared]
14) Trikk – Floorwave [Pets]
15) Jack Dixon - What’s In The News [Dub]